Please check here for open jobs at the nine libraries of the Municipal Library Consortium of St. Louis County.
Current employment opportunities:
Coordinator of Library Technology/Assistant Director – Richmond Heights Memorial Library
- This position is responsible for assisting in the management and operations of the Richmond Heights Memorial Library in order to insure quality library service to the community. Duties include managing library staff and resources. A primary responsibility requires use of a sound knowledge of current and emerging Library technology. This position is responsible for implementation, integration & daily operations of the Library’s network systems, PC Time Management, & Internet access. This employee is responsible for the Library in the Director’s absence.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Works cooperatively with Director, Consortium Systems Administrator, professional and non-professional staff to insure high quality standards and services.
- Plans, implements and evaluates the present and future automation needs of the Library, making recommendations for implementation to the director. This involves monitoring current Library technology (such as hardware, software and network equipment) and maintaining or recommending replacement technology.
- Supervises the daily operation of the Library, including the automated systems and workstations, remaining on call.
- Develops and recommends policy and procedures for use of computers and computer systems.
- Oversees training and instruction of staff on computer services and evaluates performance.
- Assists Director in managing all library staff, including coaching, training, evaluating, and professional development.
- Compiles and interprets statistics and prepares reports.
- Coordinates library-wide training on use of automated systems, creating in-house documentation as needed.
- Communicates regularly with vendors.
- Attends professional meetings.
- Performs other reasonable duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of current library automation trends and computer security
- High level of comfort working with technology necessary
- Technology Overview – The most common technology skills this position uses are installing/uninstalling software; troubleshooting OS/software errors; troubleshooting WiFi connectivity; maintaining security through a firewall, system restore software and anti-virus measures; communicating with vendors to ensure hardware and software implementation is correct; and researching and testing OS/software updates.
- Experience – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher) intermediate proficiency required. WordPress and social media experience a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of current library technology trends and computer security preferred.
- Strong commitment to public service
- Strong visionary skills to seek innovative uses of technology to further library service goals
- Ability to read, write and speak at a professional level. Able to present ideas in an easy-to-understand and engaging manner.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and the public
- Ability to think independently and work without direct supervision.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary range begins at $55,000. Excellent benefits. EOE. Position open until filled.