Please check here for open jobs at the nine libraries of the Municipal Library Consortium of St. Louis County.
Current employment opportunities:
Library Assistant III – Coordinator of Homebound & Outreach Services - Part-Time, Kirkwood Public Library
The Kirkwood Public Library currently has an opening for Coordinator of Homebound & Outreach Services (hours below). This position is responsible for developing and delivering library services to Kirkwood community members while providing high levels of customer service both in the Library and during outreach. A successful candidate will display a willingness to work on a variety of projects and have a self-directed work style. Reliable personal transportation and a valid drivers license is required in order to visit senior living facilities and residences throughout Kirkwood. Prior library or customer service experience preferred. Please see the full job description attached. The salary is $12.50/hour. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to Emma DeLooze-Klein, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday, June 5th. Applications may also be mailed to Kirkwood Public Library Attn: Emma DeLooze-Klein 140 E. Jefferson Ave. Kirkwood MO 63122.
No phone calls, please. Applicants will be contacted for interview throughout the opening.
Application forms are available at https://kirkwoodpubliclibrary.org/about/#Employment
Hours: Monday through Thursday 9 am – 2 pm. Alternate Fridays 9-2. Weekend hours may be scheduled according to Library staffing needs.
Library Associate III – Reference & Adult Services - Part-Time, Kirkwood Public Library
The Kirkwood Public Library currently has an opening for Library Associate III-Reference & Adult Services (hours below). We are seeking a candidate that is interested in creating an exceptional experience for every patron through reference interactions and library programs. A successful candidate will display a willingness to work on a variety of projects and have a self-directed work style. Prior customer service or library experience preferred. Please see the full job description to the left. The salary is $12.50/hour. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to Amanda Berberich, email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, May 17th. Applications may also be mailed to Kirkwood Public Library Attn: Amanda Berberich 140 E. Jefferson Ave. Kirkwood MO 63122. No phone calls, please. Applicants will be contacted for interviews throughout the opening.
Hours: Every other Sunday, Monday 5:15-9:15, Tuesday 8:45-5:15, Thursday 12:45-9:15, alternating Friday and Saturday.
Find more information here.
Head of Youth Services - Full-Time, University City Public Library
Are you committed to literacy? Do you enjoy experimenting with technology and innovative programming? The Youth Services department at University City Public Library is looking for a creative, tech-savvy leader with excellent customer service and library skills who will help us create young readers and celebrate the diversity of our community. We are seeking an imaginative librarian who approaches challenges with flexibility and a touch of humor. We need a department head who will:
- Lead and supervise all Youth Services staff.
- Provide timely and objective feedback on YS staff performance.
- Foster the professional development of YS staff.
- Provide and model exceptional public service toward all Library patrons.
- Develop and deliver traditional, non-traditional, and innovative library services for all YS patrons.
- Integrate new technologies into our existing programs and services.
- Build on our current successful summer reading program.
- Manage Youth Services collection development in all formats.
- Use creative and collaborative strategies to make decisions and solve problems.
- Communicate effectively with all staff members and with our diverse patron base.
- Promote library services through social media, blogs and other outlets.
- Set priorities and organize multiple tasks and projects for the department.
- Collaborate with our management team members to ensure consistent messaging and leadership.
- Manage and participate in youth services programming and outreach to the community; act as liaison with community groups.
- Share knowledge of library trends for Youth Services, as well as national or state initiatives, with other local agencies serving kids and teens.
University City is a diverse suburb of St. Louis with 35,000+ residents and about the same number of card holders.
Master’s degree in library science from an A.L.A.-accredited program preferred, or equivalent degree with commensurate experience working in a library setting. Five years professional experience as a librarian or in a similar field; experience in youth services essential, with supervisory experience preferred. Experience writing and administering grants a plus. Experience with Polaris ILS is also desired, but not required.
This is a full-time position with a competitive starting salary. Work schedule will include some evenings and weekends. The library offers a variety of benefits including vacation, sick leave, health insurance, and a pension plan.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.